Monday, July 16, 2007

the poor man's eddie murphy isn't eddie murphy?

I have known for a while that they're coming out with a sequel to Daddy Day Care (2003): Daddy Day Camp (2007). That's no biggie. But what I didn't know until seeing a commercial today was that Eddie Murphy, Jeff Garlin, and Steve Zahn are not returning.

This doesn't exactly surprise me. I admit that at first I figured that the sequel would just follow new characters. Not so. Instead, Cuba Gooding Jr. is replacing Murphy as Charlie Hinton. Cuba's career has been punctuated by Boyz n the Hood (1991), Jerry Maguire (1996), Pearl Harbor (2001), Snow Dogs (2002), and Boat Trip (2002). And now he's that guy they call when Eddie Murphy says no.

What else is surprising about Daddy Day Camp? Fred Savage (aka Kevin Arnold) is directing. Doesn't that just make you giggle?

1 comment:

Ridiculous Authenticity said...

That's just sad. (I knew Jeff Garlin wasn't in it, but I had no idea about all this other stuff.)

Wouldn't Cuba rather NOT work than continue to churn out this junk?