Tuesday, July 3, 2007

thank you dadd

I'm in love with my new chair. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I should tell you how Chair and I met.

Well, ever since I got back, I've been complaining about my green folding chair from IKEA. I've had it for years. And remember, I think it's the reason why my legs hurt. So, since I returned from England I've been wanting another chair. I didn't even look for one when I went to IKEA to get a duvet and hangers. Stephanie said Staples was the place to go to bag a new chair, especially since they'll assemble it for five extra dollars. Yeah, I'd been fixating on this prospect for a long time. I mean, I really like Stephanie's chair because it is orange.

My father donated a cushioned (and ripped) folding chair to my cause, but the ripped seat also ripped my legs. And it didn't swivel, which hurts my neck whenever I turn round to face my TV. So I still needed something else.

Recently, we had been to Office Depot. Their selection sucked. But in the back of my mind I still thought Staples would be just the same because, let's face, they're the same in every other way.

Well, to cut a long story short, I finally made it to Staples today. Didn't intend to buy a chair. I just needed photo paper because I looked everywhere in my room for it yesterday morning and couldn't find it anywhere (which, I now realize, is because I sent it home in a box before leaving England). I figured, since my father agreed to take me to Staples so I could buy the photo paper, I would kill two birds with one stone. I could just look at chairs. But I found my new chair. I took it home, and we're in love.

And the rest, as they say, is history.

No comments: