Friday, June 1, 2007

the dark side

I feel as if a vampire has bitten me. No, that doesn't make sense. Vampires come from fantasy land (and not the one at Disney World). For this reason, we don't actually know what it would feel like if a vampire bit us on the neck. I'm sure people bite each other there all the time, but do they have fangs? And if they do, then it's probably some sort of gothic S&M thing. But that is neither here nor there.

So let me explain what I mean by "I feel as if a vampire has bitten me." For the past couple of weeks, my face has experienced having some pretty nice skin. The pimples have been fading away because I finally put Neosporin on them. (God, just talking about my skin has never been this easy.) But a few days ago, two giant mounds appeared near my jawline on the right side of my face, about a quarter of an inch apart. I know what you're thinking, if they are the markings of a vampire bite, then that vampire has got a small mouth.

It's because the dots are perfectly parallel to each other that I thought of a vampire bite. It really is as if one with a small mouth punctured my skin. But I don't feel woozy. I don't feel like drinking someone else's blood, and I'm pretty sure that if I walk over to my mirror, I will see myself. I just feel angry that these have come to haunt me now, just when everything was getting to be so good.

No comments: