Wednesday, June 6, 2007

so close but yet so far

It's all over. Well, almost. That's what I hate about this last week. I just finished my last exam (didn't go as focused as planned) but I still need to work on getting out of here. And the blasting of vintage Celine Dion from the room of the one neighbor I really can't stand is not making me feel any better. It's making me feel worse.

Friday--though it has no exam--is going to be one hell of a day. I've written many reminders/appointments in my diary. In chronological order, I have to shower (of course), have my room inspected so I can get back my £160 deposit (and then cash it at a specific office on campus), do the laundry, pack, meet a prof for a goodbye drink, hand over my printer to a friend/say goodbye, attend a housewarming party for another friend/say goodbye.

And somewhere in all this I am supposed to have a burger at one of the greasy joints on campus because I haven't had red meat in forever. That was the first reminder I penned in my journal. You can see it is very important to me. I just hope I get round to doing it. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow. Oh this reminds me: I need to buy British Mars bars and Milky Ways. And some sort of Lancaster University paraphernalia so I can announce via sweatshirt the existence of such a place as Lancaster University. And that I was there this past academic year.

1 comment:

Ridiculous Authenticity said...

vintage Celine Dion? Must have been a bad year.