Tuesday, June 5, 2007

i don't wanna stop living like this

Here are three more things I am going to miss:

1.) Taking long showers. Because my rent doesn't break down exactly what I am paying for in terms of what we collectively call the "utilities," I can take hot showers for as long as I like. I never see how much they're costing me. And it's not like my rent would be adjusted to how much water I use anyway.

At home, I can't really get away with that. I know my dad hates it when I am in there too long. The problem is I don't know how to take a shorter shower.

2.) Sleeping naked. That's right. I sleep in the nude. But I won't be able to at home because we do not lock our doors at night. And I can't allow the possibility of my father or brother walking in on me while I'm au naturale. It'd be too embarrassing. Like something out of a movie. But I wouldn't want to be in that movie.

3.) Reading the nutritional information pie charts/"traffic lights" on in-store products at Sainsbury's. On the front of the packaging, they always tell you how much fat, saturated fat, and salt and how many sugars and calories there are per serving. It's color-coded, too. Red means high (obviously), orange medium, and green low. It's easy to read and thus saves a lot of time.

But when I go home, I'm going to have to pick up the box and search for the nutritional information each and every time. It won't be staring me in the face anymore, calling attention to my health, and making me leave the product whose fat portion in the pie chart is red.

That's all I have for now. There will be more.

1 comment:

Ridiculous Authenticity said...

You sleep in the nude? I didn't know that.