Wednesday, June 13, 2007

oh what a night

There's a funny story as to why I didn't blog yesterday. The day got off to a pretty slow start because Stephanie and I went to the Hirshhorn Museum and got lost trying to find our way there from the wrong exit at the metro station. We allotted a lot of time to explore there, do some shopping, and eat dinner before going to the advance screening of La Vie en rose (2007).

But my stiff neck (from lugging so much shit on Friday and Saturday) was so painful that we ended up taking it very slowly. We didn't shop. Instead we sat in the Museum's sculpture garden and dozed a bit. My neck hurt so much, but it only got worse right before the movie started.

I'm not going to get into all the details about how much my shoulders, neck, and head hurt. Let me just say that when my father picked Stephanie and me up from the metro station, they insisted on taking me to the emergency room. To make a long story short, we ruled out meningitis pretty quickly. Muscles in my shoulders were spasming, causing the pain to shoot up my neck and into my head. They hooked me up to an IV and sent an anti-inflammatory medicine and some Valium into my bloodstream before giving me a cat scan.

I really didn't want to go to the emergency room. For two reasons: 1.) George Clooney wouldn't be there and 2.) the last time I was in that exact emergency room was the night before my mother died. In any case, I am glad I went. I feel SO much better. I am no longer in pain. I can't remember much of what I said or did last night because of the Valium, but I know I was goofy and a bit delirious.

When I finally got out of the bed (took the nurses forever to come back and discharge me), I felt dizzy. Like I was going to throw up. Went to the bathroom to do it, but couldn't all of the sudden. When I got home, however, I puked. That's the second time I have ever vomited in my life.

Memories, memories.

Hey, maybe we'll finally get to Fallingwater tomorrow.

No comments: