Saturday, June 9, 2007

waiting to take off

I've already been up and about for two hours. I couldn't sleep last night because I kept thinking about today. You know, if everything will run smoothly. Or, more specifically, if I will be able to manage carrying all my bags. If the people at the airline will accept my bag. I already know they'll charge me, but will my bag be over 70 pounds (because that's the absolute limit on excess baggage weight)? Will I be stuck between two people all the way to America? These are the kinds of things I have been and am worrying about.

My next-door neighbor decided to invite some friends over last night, and they were blasting music and talking really loudly (but I couldn't understand them because, being English, they do not speak English). I remember going to bed at 1.10 am and I didn't fall asleep until after 3.30 am. So I am running on only a few hours of (very light) sleep.

I am counting down the hours until I physically arrive at the airport where my father and Stephanie will pick me up. We're looking at 20 hours right now.

No comments: