Thursday, May 3, 2007

bad timing

For at least six months, I have been waiting to see The Lives of Others (2006), and I can't recall ever wanting to see any other movie quite as much as I've anticipated this one. It came out in the US early last month. It came out here a few weeks ago, and the nearest place to see it was in Manchester. I was certain that the only way I would get to see it would be if it came to the Dukes in town. For weeks I checked every day for the theatre/cinema to announce its new schedule. And you know what? They WILL be playing The Lives of Others on three consecutive nights. And I can't go. Because I will be in Germany.

And while I am in Germany, I can't even see it on DVD (remember, it came out early in 2006 there). The DVD doesn't come with English subtitles. I guess I will have to wait to see it on DVD when I get home. That is an awful long time to wait to see a movie, no?

1 comment:

Ridiculous Authenticity said...

Or you could go to Manchester while you're sitting around bored as hell. Crazier things have happened.