Thursday, May 24, 2007

i'll wear my earphones from hair on out

I fuckin' hate those headphones in the media resource centre of my department. They've messed up my hair beyond repair (unless I wash it again today). But wait, I am getting ahead of myself. [Pun intended.]

Today, in preparation for my French film exam that will take place Saturday morning at half past nine of the clock in the morning, I watched Lacombe Lucien (1974) AND Les Quatre cents coups (1959) aka The 400 Blows. I like The 400 Blows. I think it's poignant and sometimes pretty funny, but Lacombe Lucien has to be one of the most boring films I have ever seen. It takes way too much time to tell the story of a somewhat dim-witted country boy who almost inadvertently joins the French collaborators of the German Occupation during WWII. He enjoys the authority he has by being a member of the German police and uses it to take advantage of a Jewish tailor and his pretty daughter. There isn't a score, so every scene moves by so slowly. And there's very little talking, and when they do talk, it's--you guessed it--very slowly. Ah, but this is neither here nor there.

Getting back to my original argument: the headphones have made an impression on my hair. My hair is generally fuzzy and a bit fluffy (it ain't a fro, though, at least not yet), but there is a strip from ear to ear that is depressed. No matter how much I try to fluff out my hair, other parts continue to stick up but this strip does not budge. I look like I have a double-bumped camel on my head.

Shaving my head solved so many problems I had with my hair. It wasn't until I shaved it that I started to forgive bed head's unruly behavior, but this is just ridiculous.

No comments: