Wednesday, May 23, 2007

heavy load

I finally bought boxes today to start shipping things (read: books) home. I think I've been dragging my heels with it because I am not looking forward to parting with so much money. I just know that each box is going to be at least £30, which is equivalent to $60! The worst bit about it is that the same package--if it originated from the U.S.--would only cost $30, essentially half the amount I will have to pay. So because of this, I take it back (oops! I forgot to ask); if it only cost $20 to send a very light package of candy from the U.S. to me, then any of my boxes'll cost over £50, easy.

I will try to take comfort from the fact that I spent more than $150 shipping things here to begin with, eight months ago. Am I getting sentimental? A little. I have so much to do and I keep adding more to the list. I really should eat bangers 'n' mash before I go. And I need to take photos of Lancaster so that people who have never been can see kind of what it was like for me. It wouldn't only be for them, though. It'd be for me, too. Otherwise I will have to rely on my memory alone to envision one of the places where I spent part of my life. Because let's face it, that is what this sojourn has been in the long run.

No comments: