Saturday, May 19, 2007

you look like you could be my friend

I keep forgetting to mention this. I have a profile on MySpace, but I never log in. Well, almost never. A couple of weeks ago I checked in to see what was going on. It only takes two seconds because not much does happen between the months I log in. Anyway, I am getting to the point.

A couple of weeks ago, when I logged in I saw that I had about four or five friend requests from what we would call "pretty girls." Oh, I'm going to stereotype now and it's not fair: they definitely looked like they belonged in sororities. They probably party a lot and are the kind of girls that my brother would find, shall we say rather nicely, "attractive."

Usually, friend requests come from really bad bands. Not individuals. I didn't understand why these girls would look at my profile and think that we have something in common. That we should be friends. And then I looked at my photo.

My photo is of me with my former hairstyle, the A-line. Taken on the day I had it done because that was the only time that it was bone straight and sleek. I think I might also be wearing a v-neck shirt that accentuates my breasts. Just as one of the hairdressers said when I had it styled, I look like I'm ready for the club. This must be why the girls want to be my friend.

Funny, even girls get the wrong idea.

2 comments:

omsuperhoops said...

Those girls, are spam be wary of them...they are not real.

Alexandra Frank. said...

So everyone's been telling me! How embarrassing.