Monday, March 19, 2007

an american in the department

I'm finally the American everyone is interested in. Second-year European Studies majors have to do a cross-cultural project, interviewing non-Brits. I learned about it through my friend Daniel, and today he interviewed me about culture shock.

Then, after the screening of Les Amants du Pont-Neuf (1991) for my French film class this evening, two students who do not regularly acknowledge my existence asked if I would fill out each of their questionnaires for the same assignment. One even said she felt awkward asking me (because we never really talk). She wants a different perspective, a non-European one, and that is why she asked me. I imagine at least one or two of her participants is French since that is what she is studying.

I find this very funny and ironic, but I am very happy to do it.

2 comments:

Ridiculous Authenticity said...

It's what you've been dreaming of since you arrived! Congrats!

Alexandra Frank. said...

Not exactly like this...