Monday, March 26, 2007

climate change of plans

I'm such a pussy.

I didn't go to Dukes to see Climates (2006), the Turkish movie I've read a lot about in Sight & Sound. I was planning on seeing it no matter how far I got into writing my essay on the French New Wave cinema being a discourse with Hollywood. What ended up happening was that I got VERY far into writing the essay and chickened out. I didn't want to suddenly stop and then shift gears to get ready. Plus I am afraid the buses to and from town don't run very often during the holiday break and that I might end up stranded in town and have to pay for a taxi back. This cannot be the case, surely. You've even checked the timetables online, I tell myself. No matter. Climates will be on DVD by the time I get home anyway, I bet.

On a happier note: the essay's all written. It just needs a conclusion and to be edited and edited and edited some more.

No comments: