Friday, April 27, 2007

employees of the month

OK. I said somewhere that I am not going to L.A. this summer because the full-menu DQ no longer exists. I've changed my mind. I'll go just to find this Eagle Rock supermarket:



The video is good, as are all of theirs. Very funny. Wish Ben Stiller weren't in it because I can't stand his guts. But he's apparently a big fan, so at least he's got good taste in music.

Favorite bits:

1.) The woman's reaction to Dougie's mistreatment of her groceries. Also the look he gives her for buying some weird thing that looks like a mandrake to me.

2.) Neil shooting the price tags onto the products. Oh, and after he's done dancing with that old, scary woman, how they say goodbye.

3.) The reference to Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981). I'm guessing it's the first one (it could easily be the second?), but it doesn't matter. I distinctly remember one of Jones's students painting "I Love You" across her eyelids and flashing them at him during class. Back when Harrison Ford was sexy. But this is neither here nor there.

What doesn't make sense:

1.) Why is Dougie the only one to play an instrument?

2.) Don't actually believe the rest would be friends with Andy's character. He's such a Tracy Flick.

I read too much into things.

2 comments:

Ridiculous Authenticity said...

You can say that again

Alexandra Frank. said...

I read too much into things. What don't you get?