Friday, April 13, 2007

this is an autograph by me

Now this is embarrassing, but I am going to tell you about it anyway because I've been thinking about it. I recently rewatched The Terminal (2004). I still have many problems with it, but I found it moving again. In any case, the end credits feature everyone's signature. It's good because if you should write in to the Tom Hanks or Diego Luna fanclubs, asking for an autograph, you'd be able to tell if it was real by comparing it against these signatures at the end.

As for the point of this post? I'm getting there.

Watching the signatures get filled out, I was reminded of how I really don't like my own. So I reverted back to seventh-grade behavior and started signing my name all over pieces of scrap paper, attempting to find a newer, cooler way of making my mark.

The best one I came up with--and it's unfortunate I can't duplicate it here--featured the "L" and "X" of my name reaching down together, at different angles, very nearly meeting each other. And the "C." that is my middle initial floated as some sort of quarter moon above each of my names. The last name didn't change much.

No comments: