Friday, April 20, 2007

the envelope with no return address

I've been waiting to hear back from a scholarship to see who won it. Of course, I'm rooting for myself. So I was a bit disappointed not to find anything from the scholarship committee today. Instead, I got a mysterious envelope from London. With what felt like postcards in it.

While I was picking up my mail in the porters lodge, a friendly American neighbor was there, too. I told her how strange it was that I've gotten this. "I just have to know what this is!" I opened it up and Fran, Neil, Andy, and Dougie were smiling at me, reminding me that I really should go to their concert in Manchester in May (especially if I don't go to Berlin). "Travis sent me something."

"Oh, you're friends with Travis?" I have no idea if she was seriously referring to an individual called Travis or was referring to the band.

"Oh, yeah. We go way back," I said.

No comments: