Saturday, April 7, 2007

my world's turned upside down

I don't know what to do now. I feel like Howard Stern in Private Parts (1997) once the radio station he's been working at in Detroit or some place has turned country. RadioIO80s no longer plays new wave. I knew something was up once stream host Jay Cumbie started playing the Producers, who I get confused with bands like the Hooters and the Tubes. (However, I should note that these last two bands were played from time to time on MY RadioIO80s.)

Now I doubt I will ever hear the likes of the Smiths, the Jam, the Clash, Joy Division or New Order even. I'm now in the company of Don Johnson, Hall & Oates, Lionel Richie, and some guy called Gerald Levert (of "Casanova" fame, apparently). It's like any other easy listening channel minus Roxette, Ace of Base, Cher, and Gloria Estefan. The only respite I've had this morning is "Rock Steady" by the Whispers (grew up with that song) and, forgive me for saying this: Thompson Twins ("Doctor Doctor").

Oh god. "Break My Stride" by Matthew Wilder is on right now. Maybe my dad would like this change...

No comments: