Saturday, April 14, 2007

a little taste of home?

I rarely ever eat them when I am at home. And when I do buy them, I buy the reduced fat kind, but of course those do not exist here. It is a wonder I can get the regular kind. They're an American novelty. A lot of people I know do not know what they are, and if they do, they have never tried them. "Oh, they go with milk, don't they?" Commercials have given them this much information. So that they may never try them for themselves. Why would you when you have milk chocolate digestives?

The only way to buy them is in a small package (59p at Sainsbury's) with four individually wrapped packets of four biscuits each. I'm sure we get twice as much in the packages at home. And I cannot for the life of me find the nutrition information anywhere. The ingredients and storage instructions come in ten languages, though, so that is handy.

Now I am going to taste them to see if that is any different. The verdict: much more cookie than cream.

Oh well. An oreo's an oreo.

4 comments:

omsuperhoops said...

I want an OREO!!!!! SEND ME SOME!

Alexandra Frank. said...

Buy it yourself!

Ridiculous Authenticity said...

I send you a shitload of American candy and you have the audacity to blog about Oreos (things I never see you eat)?

Alexandra Frank. said...

Honey, I blogged about the oreos because I saw a difference between those in the U.S. and the ones I bought here. Forgive me. It doesn't mean I appreciate the candy you sent me any less. I know what those taste like...