Thursday, April 12, 2007

sunshiny daydream

It is so damn nice outside. I just got back from a stroll round campus. I walked to the other end just to recycle a glass jar of peanut butter. Remember, I just discovered I can't recycle glass with the rest of my plastic bottles and jugs.

The sun is shining, people are out. It's just so pleasant, but I don't know what to do in such weather. It's not like I'm athletic or anything. And walking round campus? I can't tell you how many times I've done it. I might walk into town tomorrow (never done it) to go grocery shopping, pick up the new issue of Sight & Sound and maybe NME because this is England, and shave my head.

In the meantime, I think I will watch a marathon of movies.

First up: Wet Hot American Summer (2001). It's not summer. I'm not in America. It's not hot. It's not wet, but it seems appropriate for the mood that the sunshine has brought in to me. I want to laugh.

Next: Little Miss Sunshine (2006). I do like this one after all. I just don't like the juggernaut it became. It's feel-good, funny, and leaves you all warm and fuzzy.

And after that: Who knows? Bride & Prejudice (2004) maybe?

I just want to see people in sunshine. It's a simulation of what I've actually observed today and cannot see myself taking part in. But I will pull the curtains open and let real sunshine come through. Oh, it can improve moods.

No comments: