Saturday, April 21, 2007

smells like toddler spirit

This is a thought I've had since last Friday. It recurs everyday, but I am only just now getting to tell you about it. It sickens me so.

It all began last week when my moisturizer ran out. Whenever I smell it, I think of L.A. Why? Because that is where I first met it. To make a short story even longer, I have terribly dry skin on my hands. It's obviously worse in winter. When I visited Stephanie in L.A. in December 2005 I told her that she better be waiting with some body lotion for me at the arrivals in LAX because I hadn't gotten round to buying some in the climate where it really would make a difference to have moisturizer anyway. She did. This is when our relationship started, and I always think of the room I stayed in in her former flat because I always put some on before going to bed and after waking up in the morning.

Now that it has run out, I had to buy something else as it is not available over here. I bought something because of the announcement on the bottle that it would minimize the hair on my legs so I wouldn't have to shave as often. I have yet to see any evidence of this, but what is most troubling is its fucking scent. It smells like Play-Doh. I kid you not. And looks like vaseline. What have I gotten myself into?

1 comment:

Ridiculous Authenticity said...

That's disgusting. The texture and smell is precisely why I don't moisturize even though I really need it.