Wednesday, April 25, 2007

would you like attitude with your meal?

Because Sainsbury's suddenly stopped selling my low-fat burgers, I haven't had any red meat for at least a month until last night. I went to the burgers-kebabs-pizza-fried chicken joint on campus. If you are disgusted by this culinary combination, you have to realize they are ubiquitous here. Gotta hand it to them for wanting to please a variety of tastes. Suppose one in your party feels like chicken when you and your other friends want pizza. Oh, but this is neither here nor there.

I hadn't been to them in a while (only twice before really), and I remembered that the guys who work there are ALWAYS there no matter what time of day it is. And they are always friendly, but they weren't there last night. Some asshole was. He's actually the reason why I am posting. I ordered a half-pound beef burger (£2.90) and a side of chips (£1). He tried to charge me £4.20. When I asked how it totaled up that way, he looked annoyed and looked at me as if I were stupid. I added it up for him and then he said, "£3.90. OK." Because he was outsmarted by a woman, he didn't offer me any salt or vinegar on my chips. I had to ask for them. The other guys would ask me when I'd forgotten to request.

I'm sorry. This was a more interesting story in my head, but its moral is: people are such jerks.

1 comment:

omsuperhoops said...

if this was an Arab run establishment, they frequently rip people off in Europe. Be wary!