Friday, February 16, 2007

congratulations on the new record

It's about time I received something from the Travis mailing list. I've been subscribed to it for almost two years, I bet, and now I finally get news from one of my favorite bands. They are playing three gigs in March, in my final week of classes, in fact, in: London (the 20th), Glasgow (22nd), and Warrington (the 23rd). I have looked up trains, buses, even hostels, but none of them are possible. Warrington is closest, damn near Manchester and just south of Wigan, but I cannot get there. I could take a bus but it would take 8 hours because of changes in Preston or whatever (and it's only an hour away!). Glasgow is the next closest, but this means I'd have to stay over. Where? I could go back to the hostel I stayed at before, but it's on the other end of the city center, and I'm not so sure I'd want to walk back alone in Glasgow in the wee hours of the morning. London is almost completely out of the question because it's the Monday of that week, and I'd end up missing so many classes on Tuesday trying to get home. Thanks, guys. It's almost as if they knew I would be here and chose dates and cities so as to further complicate my life.

2 comments:

Ridiculous Authenticity said...

What about the hostel where we were originally going to stay in Glasgow? It's near the university.

Alexandra Frank. said...

Yeah, I thought about that, too.