Monday, February 26, 2007

i've got to admit

I paid some attention to suggestions offered by Stephanie and my father. I even tacked a sort of reminder ("Don't expect so much") on my book shelf. If I want things to get better here socially, I have to relax. I have to smile more, initiate conversation instead of waiting for someone else to start, forget about what I think I want in an exchange. No, Alexandra, they can't all be intellectual and/or about what you like.

I have taken these steps to change my mindset and attitude, and I had a great day today. Two people in my 1960s course noticed I was quite cheery. I said it was about the weather turning (it's getting brighter and warmer), but it's also about this change I want to make. I had a great day today because I talked with people, smiled, laughed, and nothing bothered me at all.

Well, actually Lacombe Lucien (1974) was exceptionally boring.

2 comments:

Ridiculous Authenticity said...

You know I'm not really good at pep talks. But yay!

And isn't it amazing what a few days can do for the amount of sunlight? Even here, in the land of sunshine, we're seeing a difference.

Alexandra Frank. said...

"Pep talks." Reminds me of pep rallies. Where does "pep" even come from?