Wednesday, February 14, 2007

warning!

At Sainsbury's I picked up a packet of sugar free fruit gums. I would have posted a picture of the bag, but I couldn't take a good enough photo. Thank god they're nothing like the jelly babies that I bought last week. Tried two of those. Spat the second out. They're like gummi bears but come with this thick powder all around them. When I first saw that, I thought something was wrong, that it was abnormal jelly baby behavior. No. They're all like that in Britain. Disgusting.

These fruit gums are OK, but I am worried. There is a warning on the package that I have never seen on any kind of food before: "Excessive consumption may induce laxative effects." Not looking forward to those tonight.

2 comments:

Ridiculous Authenticity said...

Silly, we have the same warnings in the U.S., but they aren't so blunt about them. It's the same non-sugar sweetner. You'll be fine.

Alexandra Frank. said...

True, but it is very BLUNT, no?