Wednesday, February 28, 2007

history digestives

I should start a file where I can slip my Sainsbury's experiences inside. It didn't surprise me today that I would have to pay for the bus; I got caught up giving my French film professor Bon voyage (2003) because he's never seen it and it is related to our endeavors in analyzing how films have perpetuated/subverted the myth that all Frenchmen (and women) were active resistors during the Occupation (1940-44). But that's neither here nor there.

I almost forgot this morning my water bottle. I ran back inside and got it. Never drank from it during my jaunt into town. What I had forgotten were my Sainsbury's shopping bags (well, one is from Whole Foods), and I hadn't noticed this until I was on my way through the city center from Waterstone's to Sainsbury's. Fuck, I thought. I ended up buying two shopping bags: one just like the one I use every time and another which is more cloth-like. It turned out not to be very big (thus not worth the 75p). In any case, I really like grocery shopping without using plastic bags and when I return to the States, you best believe I am going to continue to shop without. Sorry, Dad.

I haven't had tea in a long time, and I really want to, so I bought digestives. The digestives, my friend, are back!

No comments: