Saturday, February 10, 2007

no in-betweens

As I have previously written, I listen to RadioIO80s for hours on end every day. While I do other things, of course. It usually is a very good mix. Before, the stream host, Jay Cumbie, was playing the same stuff over and over, but he's added some new songs. Most of them suck, but at least it's been spiced up.

Anyway, I am writing now to list the bands/artists that I love to hear and those that I hate to hear (whenever, wherever):

LOVE
New Order
Electronic
The Smiths
Morrissey
Adam and the Ants
Pet Shop Boys
Erasure
ABC
Style Council
The Church
XTC
Crowded House
Squeeze
Madness (except "One Step Beyond")
Split Enz
The Go-Betweens (have you heard "Cattle and Cane"?)
The Housemartins
Talk Talk
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark

HATE
Elvis Costello (except for "Watching the Detectives" and "Pump It Up")
The Go-Go's (I hate them with a PASSION)
Violent Femmes
Sisters of Mercy
Peter Gabriel (there are only a few exceptions)
They Might Be Giants
Altered Images
Berlin (especially "Sex (I'm A...)"; it's so stupid)
Kate Bush
Shakespear's Sister
Michelle Shocked
Phil Collins (though he's not played on RadioIO80s; thank god)

That about does it for now.

No comments: