Friday, February 16, 2007

this is newsworthy

Read this, from the celebrity news on imdb.com:

Pegg Accidentally Flashes Family Members

British funnyman Simon Pegg was left red-faced when he accidentally revealed his naked self to his entire family. The Shaun Of The Dead star made the mistake of showing his parents and siblings a home-made film without censoring the tape's contents. He says, "I once showed a holiday video to my entire family and forgot there was a point where I flashed. I only realized about one second before it happened and couldn't get to the remote in time to stop them all from seeing me pull down my trousers and reveal myself. My sister screamed and my mum said, 'Ooh, that's changed.'" The actor is next set to appear in cop comedy Hot Fuzz.


Now, I am sure they probably took this from an interview where Mr. Pegg was asked if he had any embarrassing moments. So, how does something like this end up in the news? It must have been a very slow news day. Couldn't they have found something about Lindsay Lohan gallivanting around like an idiot, with or without underwear?

However, it should be noted how funny this story is. "Ooh, that's changed," says his mother. And how misleading the first sentence is: he revealed himself on a tape he screened for his family. He didn't flash them directly. Newsworthy indeed!

No comments: