Friday, February 23, 2007

i was hot and i was fuzzy

Just saw Hot Fuzz (2007) tonight. Definitely not what I was expecting, but still very funny. I think I prefer Shaun of the Dead (2004) to it, though. However, I think there are elements in this new one that I don't think I would have gotten if I weren't living in England. Blowing the shit out of a Somerfield, the city as village, etc. You have to be here to understand and appreciate all of that.

I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard when my Steve Coogan appeared as a London Metro police inspector. No one laughed like I did. We were sitting in the middle of the theatre as opposed to my favorite spot in the way back. Everyone's head was huge on the screen, even when there were no close-ups. So, seeing Steve looking like a hybrid of Alan Partridge and Mercy from Marie Antoinette (2006), giant, and in general being funny was terribly hilarious to me. Can't explain it, but I think you'll laugh your head off, too, when you see it in APRIL. Boo-ha!

They must have read my previous post in anticipation of seeing the film; they played "Caught by the Fuzz" in the end credits.

No comments: