Thursday, February 15, 2007

soviet stalker

There is someone on campus I am convinced is stalking me. I see him EVERYWHERE. In the center square named after me (no, it's not like Hollywood Squares, it's just the social and commercial center of campus: Alexandra Square). I see him walking around when we're each going to classes, in a sea of people. I don't recognize most people, but I know his visage now. And recently I found out that he lives in my building and is responsible for smoking just outside the door, where the smoke lifts and finds its way into my room on the fourth floor. My room ends up stinking as if I were the one smoking.

And when I saw Music and Lyrics (2007) yesterday, he was there with his date. I get the feeling he recognized me, too. Does he think I stalk him? It's pretty funny.

I call him the "Soviet Stalker" because I think he is Russian or at least Slavic. His language, when speaking with his date, sounded like Russian. And he looks like the guy who played Ivan the Terrible in Sergei Eisenstein's 1944 epic, only not as gaunt. He's not scary, either, but he has long hair in a ponytail and wears a beard. His eyes are sometimes the same as Ivan's, I think. Maybe I should call him "Sensitive Ponytail Man." He is better looking than James LeGros.

No comments: